There are currently several openings for foreign MD or PhD graduates who wish to pursue research training in the US. Applicants should have a strong background in research. All foreign applicants must have their own funding.
Note: The application process is approximately 3-5 months long. Send your CV no earlier than 5 months before you are available to start. Once you have successfully interviewed and are offered a position, they are valid for 3 weeks only. If you do not accept within this time frame, the offer will become void.
We do not accept fellows with F1 visas. You must have a J1 or an H1B visa, be a permanent resident or a US citizen to qualify for the interview. We do not reimburse travel costs for interviews.
How do I apply?
To inquire about a fellowship position, please send your CV and a cover letter to:
Ralph Weissleder, MD, PhD
Center for Systems Biology
Massachusetts General Hospital
Boston, MA 02114
Phone: (617) 726-8226
Fax: (617) 643-6133
Please note that Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School require the following documents for the final application:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, in English
- Three original letters of recommendation on letterhead stationery,
in English, addressed to Dr. Weissleder
- A notarized copy of your medical degree,translated into English by a licensed translator such as: Translation Documentation Center www.eurasiacom.com
- Credentials must be evaluated by a licensed credential agency such as: Center for educational documentation www.cedevaluations.com or Educational International www.educationinternational.org
An Exchange Visitor coming to a Partners Institution such as MGH-CSB must be able to demonstrate financial support based on years of experience as a Postodoctoral Research Fellow (see chart):
Years of Experience Required funding for 2015 Monthly Required funding 0 $47,484 $3,957 1 $47,844 $3,987 2 $48,216 $4,018 3 $50,316 $4,193 4 $52,140 $4,345
- Proof of funding must be presented via a letter from a funding agency/University. Letter must be in English or translated by a licensed translator. Personal funds will NOT be accepted.
- Proof of health insurance coverage for you and family members who are accompanying you
- A completed application form for MGH research fellowships
Any questions regarding our final application process please contact Serena Sullivan