Software developed by Biomedical Engineering group and referenced in papers
1. Deep Learning Systems For Lymphoma Diagnostics
Paper: “Design and clinical validation of a point-of-care device for the diagnosis of lymphoma via contrast-enhanced microholography and machine learning.”
This code is part of a project to leverage deep learning systems for lymphoma diagnostics. We use the Maximally Stable Extrema Regions (MSER) blob detection algorithm to find regions of interest in a hologram image of cells and use a trained Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) to filter out non-cell regions.
– Detects cells in a hologram using the MSER algorithm and a pre-trained CNN.
- Contains several helper functions for processing multiple images from a single folder, or multiple folders that each contain multiple images.
- Contains the code to construct a CNN using Keras.
- Can load a pre-trained CNN or build an empty architecture and train it.
- Contains helper function to properly format and classify an input region with a pre-trained CNN.
- Contains numerous functions to load labelled training images from a directory into (x,y) training tensors.
- Can pre-process data to make for easier training.
- Designed to return data in a format that the region filter CNN can be trained with.